Thursday, July 26, 2012

We Give Thanks and Praise

The NPM convention is coming to an end. At least for me.  I will be heading home tomorrow.  It has been a good experience and I feel like I have a better feel for what has been happening in the world of church music.  As often happens there were far more workshops I would have liked to attend than there was opportunity. 

Tonight we gathered for Eucharist.  The music was wonderful, as one might expect.  It is particularly moving that the whole assembly would sing in parts.  It makes for a great sung prayer.  The Eucharistic Acclamations came from Christopher Pardini's New Century Mass.  They were festive and easy to pick up.  I also liked Michael Joncas' communion song, "Sacramentum Caritatis." The refrain was in Latin and while perhaps a little long was easily singable and by the last couple of verses I was able to sing it by memory. 

I am glad I was able to be a part of this convention and I am sure that it will enliven my ministry both in the parish and in the diocese.

No comments:

Post a Comment